From the Pastor’s Desk
28th June 2022
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…” (1 Peter 1:3)
Recently I watched the film, ‘The Two Popes’, starring Anthony Hopkins as Pope Benedict, and Jonathan Pryce as Pope Francis. In one memorable scene between the two men, Francis says, “Mercy is the dynamite that blows down walls.”
It is God’s mercy, as seen in action in Jesus’ resurrection, that has broken down the wall of division (Ephesians 2:14), and it is His mercy which has acted to bring us into new life in Jesus.
When we deserved punishment for our sins, God withheld our punishment and instead transferred it onto His precious Son.
Thank Him for His mercy today.
Dear KBC family,
Just a brief note from me this week to bring you some information for what’s going on in the life of the church.
- Firstly, a high note of praise and thanks to God for the amazing testimony given at Only Men Allowed by Joe Rogersfrom Manchester. It truly was a holy evening as Joe shared powerfully of God’s miraculous salvation and transforming power. Joe’s testimony is available on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYEuZfY_oh8&t=85s At the time of writing this has been viewed an incredible 1,483 times! Pray that God will take Joe’s testimony like seeds on the wind and scatter it far and wide, reaching and transforming many other lives for Jesus.
- RTCmeets this afternoon (Tues) at 2:30pm. All welcome for some friendship, fun and a short encouragement.
- Join us for prayer on Zoomthis Thursday at 8pm when Darren Vardy will be leading.
- Foodbank is as busy as ever and would appreciate donations of Tinned fish, vegetables, meat, meat pies, instant mash potato, deodorant, shampoo and shower gel for both men and women please.
- This Sunday, being the first of the month, will see us sharing communiontogether in obedience to Jesus’ instruction. This is for everyone who knows and loves Jesus as Lord. Please come expectantly and ready to worship. During the service we will be continuing in ‘The Church in Action’ looking at Acts 20:17-38.
- Next Monday (July 4th)sees the start of our Summer Bible School. From 10:30am Gordon will lead us through a study on an Old Testament character. On Monday 4th we’ll be looking at Ruth chapter 1. You don’t have to sign up; just turn up!
- The visit to the Caring for Lifebase in Leeds is fast approaching (July 9th). If you haven’t booked a seat on the bus yet, please contact Jacqui Casson asap as there are still just a few spaces left.
That’s all for me for this week. Praying you know that God is for you and with you this week.